In this post I describe the step by step process you should use to execute BPS CCA Retraction to R3 thorough an IP Planning Function.
In my business scenario, users want to be able to synchronize R/3 plan data as soon as they save the changes made via a BEx Workbook, so that they can perform some extra steps (ie. they cannot approve a PO if the Plan amount is not available in R3).
- Prerequisite: Setup BPS retraction. This means that you have created in BPS:
a. Planning Area over the Real Time Infocube that contains the IP CCA data to be retracted.
b. I am not sure that the Planning Level, Planning Function (calling the BPS CCA Exit) and Parameter Group are necessary. In myu environment they had been setup for BPS based retraction.
- Create a set of Infoobjects that will be used to setup the Ip Function Type Parameters that neet to match the BPS Function Parameters. See below for the list of infoobjects. You then need to maintain some values for each infoobject. All infoobjects created should be set ‘without master data’ and with language independent medium text.
- Create a Planning Function Type Z_BPS_CCA_RETRACTION.
Set Class to CL_RSPLFC_BPS_EXIT and Check the Reference Data option.
- Add Parameters to the Planning Function as follows.
- Prepare an aggregation level. Create a filter that will select the data to be retracted.
- Create a planning function using the Function Type Z_BPS_CCA_RETRACTION. Do not set any field as “to be changed”
Set the Parameters as follows:
- Create a Planning Sequence with 1 step to execute the function.
- To debug: SE80 class CL_RSPLFC_BPS_EXIT. Put a breakpoint at the start of each method. Check the content of C_TH_DATA and also the content of the other tables that are passed to the Init and Exec BPS functions.
Name of the BPS Exit FM = UPR_COST_PLAN_EXEC – UPR_COST_PLAN_INIT
HowTo call BPS Exit from IP => http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16115
Documentation on Class CL_RSPLFC_BPS_EXITS http://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/N-CL_RSPLFC_BPS_EXITS
Implementation example by a IP Consultant : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0b39ee8-cf4a-2d10-e68c-af5a232bfae8?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true
SAP Help / SEM 3.5 / CCA Retraciton http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem350bw/helpdata/en/99/97157967e3440a94d199538959cd0b/frameset.htm
SAP Help on BPS Exit functions: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/81/b54aa832e911d4b2c10050dadfb23f/frameset.htm
Links referring to this:
http://scn.sap.com/thread/531339 (2007, unsolved)
http://scn.sap.com/thread/470281 (2007, unsolved)
Create InfoObjects to mirror the BPS PF parameters (all with no MD+ Medium Text not lang dep)
ZBPSPN1 / NUMC 1 used to pass all BPS Exit NUMC 1 parameters
ZBPSPBUS, ZBPSPCAS, ZBPSPFLG copies of ZBPSPN1
ZBPSPC1 / CHAR 1 used to pass all BPS Exit CHAR 1 parameters
ZBPSPDLT, ZBPSPTST copies of ZBPSPC1
ZBPSPC3 / CHAR 3 used to pass all BPS Exit CHAR 3 parameters
ZBPCPC30 / CHAR 30 used to pass all BPS Exit CHAR 30 parameters
ZBPSPCAR, ZBPSPCEL, ZBPSPTYP copies of ZBPCPC30
ZBPCPC32 / CHAR 32 used to pass all BPS Exit CHAR 32 parameters
ZBPCPC40 / CHAR 40 used to pass all BPS Exit CHAR 40 parameters
RPSPLF1 settings – Parameters
Parameter / IOBJ / BPS Data Element
AREA / ZBPSPC8 / ???
BUSI / ZBPSPBUS / I_BUSI
CASE / ZBPSPN1 / I_CASE
DELTA / ZBPSPC1 / DEL_BOOK
MAPP / ZBPSPC40 / KCD_REPID
RFC_DEST / ZBPSPC32 / RFCDEST
TEST / ZBPSPTST / TST_X
VERSR3 / ZBPSPC3 / I_VERS
WAIT / ZBPSPFLG / I_WAIT
ZARE / ZBPSPCAR / I_COAR
ZELM / ZBPSPCEL / I_CELM
ZTYP / ZBPSPTYP / I_CTYP
Maintain master data of appropriate element to be able to use a value in RSPLAN in tha Planning Function
6 Cost Center Accounti
7 Internal Orders
8 Activity-Based Costi
9 Project System
2 Activity Input
3 Statistical Key Figu
4 Primary Costs
0 Add Values to Existing Values
1 Update Values Absolute
0 Execute Update
1 Test Without Update
UPB_SND_COPS Retraction of PS (for MAPP / KCD_REPID)
SI2CLNT111 (for RFC_DEST value)